7.23.2011

///SHORTY///

I haven't had hair this short since I was eleven-years-old with a bob, bangs, & two T-Boz-inspired strands hanging awkwardly below my chin. I vaguely remember making my very first trip to the Philippines with that haircut & the only memories I carry of that trip are the over-playing of the songs Magic Carpet Ride by Mighty Dub Katz & One of Us by Joan Osborne & McDonald's apple pies tasting exponentially better than the ones in the U.S. Ironically, I find that all American food chains that've made it over to the Philippines taste better in the Asian third world than in the first world where they were actually established. &, not to mention, McDonald's delivers 24 hours a day over there, & you can get your Chicken McNuggets with rice. Seldom do I eat McDonald's anymore, especially not in America where servings are increasingly generous, but I do like to indulge every now & then when I've long forgotten the taste.

early morning crop-circling

No comments:

Post a Comment